Data protection Alamex Ltd. (‘we’ or ‘us’) is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any subsequent UK data protection legislation and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
We are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998). This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect online?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
• any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you make subsequent visits to this website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your online personal data
We may use your personal information to:
• administer the website.
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
• enable your use of the services available on the website.
• send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
• send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
• provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose information about you:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will only transfer your data outside of the EEA where we have ensured appropriate safeguards are place in accordance with data protection legislation. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site and our apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
• we are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
• the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our Services;
• it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process personal data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can review and change your information by logging into the service and visiting your account profile page.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, these include the right to:
• find out how we process your data;
• request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
• obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
• if we are relying on consent, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (including any direct marketing);
• if we are relying on legitimate interests for direct marketing, you can object to receiving such direct marketing;
• obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning you.
We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Once we have received the fee (if required) and verified your identity we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month.
• lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory body, the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/
. If you have a concern or complaint about the way we handle your data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to allow us to investigate and resolve the matter as appropriate. If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please contact us.
8. How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. You may unsubscribe or request to be removed from any mailing list at any time.
9. Third party websites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Periodically you may be provided with links to other web sites or written print material which may be of value, interest and convenience to you. This does not constitute endorsement of material at those sites or any associated organisation product of service .
It is the responsibility of the user to make their own informed decision about the accuracy of the information at those sites and print material including their privacy policies. In no event shall Alamex Ltd. Ané Auret, Dating Coach be liable for any incident or consequential damages resulting from use of the material.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.