31 May 010I Online dating with James Preece – how to have a killer profile and succeed at online dating
If you’re not getting the results you want from your online dating efforts you don’t want to miss this!
My interview with special guest, James Preece, Dating Guru and internationally renowned Dating Expert and Dating Coach is absolutely packed with super practical advice and tips on how to set yourself up for success in online dating – right from choosing the right site for you all the way through making the best of your first ‘offline’ date.
James is the best-selling author of “I Will Make You Click.” He is a consultant for many dating sites and is involved in a wide variety of different areas, such as personal dating coaching, Online Dating, speed dating and matchmaking. He is a regularly featured expert in top UK and international media: such as the Independent, Cosmopolitan, OK Magazine, Men’s Health, Match.com, The Sun and Ann Summers amongst many more.
James is a very experienced Relationship expert and has helped tens of thousands of men and women find love, build confidence and improve their relationships over the last decade.
What we discuss in today’s episode
- how James describes his role as a Dating Coach and how he helps his clients meet their ideal partner
- the biggest challenges James’s clients come to him with
- pros and cons of using online dating sites and apps
- the difference between ‘managing’ and ‘lowering’ expectations
- James’ rule of thumb when it comes to being active online and messaging potential matches
- the mindset behind being successful at online dating
- learn how to find quality matches
- James answers one of the big questions: ‘How long do I need to do this for?’
- the importance of the type of energy you communicate online
- how to deal with ‘rejection’ online and not take it personally
- how to avoid ‘online dating burnout’
There are a number of ‘moving parts’ or key components when it comes to online dating – when you get these right you can set yourself up for success in finding love online.
1. Choose the right site for your unique requirements – be very clear about what you want and what you’re looking for
- get recommendations from friends and others you trust
- a paid service can demonstrate that somebody is more committed to finding a relationship than they may be on a free site
- look into niche sites, but only if you have really strict requirements – otherwise go for bigger sites that will have a larger number of potential quality members
2. Your Dating Profile Pictures
- consider the message you communicate with your profile picture and make sure you make the right impression on the kind of person you want to attract
- consider what are you conveying in terms of your overall lifestyle and interests
- learn the 4 types of pictures you should have in your profile
3. Your Dating Profile – how to present yourself in the best possible light
- the one mistake you should avoid when writing your online dating profile
- how to fill your profile with ‘hooks’ that will grab the right person’s attention
- how much should you say about what you want or don’t want right from the beginning and how to say what you’re looking for
tips on writing usernames and taglines
4. How to successfully communicate online and have a successful first date ‘offline’
- one line you should avoid at all costs when contacting somebody
- very specific advice on how many messages a day you should ideally be sending
- ways of engaging with somebody’s profile and create an initial connection
- the importance of using somebody’s first name in any communication
- should women approach men first?
- to wink or not to wink
- basic etiquette of communicating online
- how to take online dating offline
- how to make sure your first offline date goes well