12 May 007I: Saskia Nelson – 5 Epic questions to ask yourself if you want to date smarter
If you’re thinking of trying out online dating or you’re doing it already and not getting the results you want – then do stay tuned because today I’ll be getting the inside story from somebody who has not only done it herself (with a lovely happy ending!) – but she is also working in the field of online dating in a very special and unique way.
My guest today is the fabulous Saskia Nelson – the talent behind the award-winning and internationally acclaimed Hey Saturday, the UK’s first and coolest dating photography business, specialising in creating online dating profile photos that jump off the page and attract dates for 100s of single people. She is also the co-founder of Irresistible Dating.
Saskia has been credited by Time magazine for kickstarting the genre of dating photography and is recognised as the leading industry expert in the UK & US on all things dating photo related. She also puts her extensive online dating experiences to good use by sharing her experiences and wisdom on her blog – you can find out more on the Hey Saturday website at www.heysaturday.co
But even though we talk online dating, everything Saskia shares is just as relevant to dating and creating a relationship ‘offline’.
I read the original Huffington Post article a little while ago, and it was just great to hear it come to life in Saskia’s own voice and I appreciate her sharing so much of her own personal experiences. I hope you enjoy it with us!
Just some of what we talked about
- How to decide what site(s) to use and the different choices between niche or more general dating sites and whether to choose a paid or free site.
- How do you stay motivated while dating online – let’s face it, it can get hard at times and I often hear from clients and friends about feeling burnt out by the whole process. Saskia shares her thoughts and how she dealt with it while she was dating online.
- Some basic safety tips and other ideas on keeping your sanity!
- How to deal with rejection and the importance of having the right mindset when dating – whether online or ‘offline’
- How Saskia brought together advice from top dating experts across the world to formulate her 5 epic questions – and we go into much more detail on each one.
- What’s the worst that can happen?
- Would I date me?
- Am I still only dating my type?
- Am I having fun yet?
- Am I thinking myself unhappy?
About Online Dating Profile Photos
* Saskia also shares with us really great tips and advice on how we can make the best of your online dating profile and pictures. Make sure you listen to this and make your profile stand out from the rest!
* Ever wondered why you’re not getting past the first date? Something to do with ‘unmet expectations’ perhaps? Listen to find out more!
No more excuses for sub-standard online dating profile photos!
SUPER SPECIAL OFFER FOR READY FOR LOVE PODCAST LISTENERS
Listen to the end for a very special discount offer from Saskia for your Hey Saturday photoshoot!
As we’re publishing this interview Saskia is in Amsterdam at the European Dating Awards and nominated in 3 categories:
- Dating Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- Innovation within the Dating Industry 2016
- Best Dating-Related Marketing Campaign 2016 (Saskia WON this one – congratulations!)
Find out more and connect with Saskia